Terms and conditions of use
These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and gal-dem, the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, Users or User means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by gal-dem and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged asa. consultant or otherwise providing services to gal-dem and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
- All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of gal-dem, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a c computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo, or service mark displayed on the site without the owner’s prior written permission.
- You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
- You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute, or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of gal-dem.
- You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
- in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website;
- in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
- making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
Availability of the Website and disclaimers
- Any online facilities, tools, services or information that gal-dem makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided “as is“ and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. gal-dem is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
- While gal-dem uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility of their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
- gal-dem accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
- gal-dem reserves the right to alter, suspend, or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Limitation of liability
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, gal-dem accepts no liability for any of the following:
- any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
- loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
- any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
- These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
- These terms and conditions contain the whole agreement between the parties relating to its subject matter and supersede all prior discussions, arrangements or agreements that might have taken place relation to the terms and conditions.
- The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
- If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
- Website www.gal-dem.com. You can contact gal-dem by email on [email protected]
We currently host tags from Facebook, Google, and WordPress on gal-dem.com, and may add more partners in the future. For more information on what each of these tags do, and why we use them please get in touch with [email protected]
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files containing a unique identifier that are sent to your browser from our website. These are stored on your computer, mobile, or tablet and are used to inform us what gal-dem pages you visit, and how long you spend on them. The cookies we have on the site are from 3rd party providers. At present our tags are Google, Facebook, and our hosting platform WordPress also collects information.
Why do we use them?
We use the information that these cookies provide to help us understand which articles are performing well (and how well), inform 3rd parties (such as theatre providers, musicians, artists, or other collaborators etc.) of how many people have read their article or engaged with content, and to help us build up a profile of how well gal-dem as a platform is performing.
In the future, we may use these cookies to support advertising on and off gal-dem.com. This may be adverts on other websites encouraging you to return to gal-dem and read more content, or adverts on our site from brands that we work with asking you to consider their products or services.
Can I opt out?
Yes! We are working on tools that will allow you to “opt-out” of the cookies on our site, but this will take us some time (and money) to build.
In the meantime, for anyone who wants to prevent any cookie tracking, there are add on softwares for browsers that can help. Apps such as Ghostery can be used to “turn off” cookie or data collection from sites, or you can go to your settings in Google or Facebook to amend what each provider collects from you. You can also visit Your Online Choices to turn on or off various advertising providers to prevent personalised advertising or data collection on gal-dem.com or any other website. Again, for more information or advice, you can contact [email protected].